24 Insane Facts About This World That You Simply Won’t Believe
People say that truth is stranger than fiction. While I don’t necessarily believe that (I mean, just look at all of those alien stories floating around out there), there are certainly some facts that are hard to believe.
Here are 24 bizarre facts that you’ve probably never heard before.
1. The Q in Q-Tip stands for “quality.”
2. There are only 2 escalators in the entire state of Wyoming.
3. 44% of Bob Ross’ paintings include at least one “happy cloud.”
4. The inventor of the AK-47 stated that he wished he had invented something that helped farmers instead.
5. After OutKast famously sang about Polaroid pictures, the brand released a statement: “Shaking or waving can actually damage the image.”
6. Michael Jackson’s autobiography was edited by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
7. There actually was a Captain Morgan. He was a Welsh pirate who later became the lieutenant governor of Jamaica.
8. The act of stretching and yawning is called pandiculation.
9. Dolly Parton once entered a Dolly Parton look-alike contest…and lost.
10. Shaggy’s real name is Norville Rogers.
11. Between 1912 and 1948, art competitions were part of the Olympics.
12. Cookie Monster’s name is Sid.
13. Jacuzzi is a brand name. They also make mattresses and toilets.
14. A group of pugs is called a grumble.
15. In one cartoon, Snoopy trained to be a champion arm-wrestler, but he was disqualified for not having thumbs.
16. The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
17. The actor who played R2-D2 said that the man who plays C-3PO is the rudest person he’s ever met.
18. The inventor of the Pringles can had his ashes stored in one.
19. Obsessive nose picking is called rhinotillexomania.
20. Ravens can learn to talk more easily than parrots can.
21. James Avery (Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) was the voice of Shredder in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
22. Fittingly enough, the last official rental from Blockbuster Video before it closed for good was This Is the End.
23. Hawaiian Punch was originally invented as a topping for ice cream.
24. Before Stephen Hillenburg created SpongeBob, he taught marine biology.
These facts might not be too useful, but if you’re interested in becoming a master of trivia, you should commit them to memory.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/insane-facts/
Previous Post: Fans of ‘Red Eye’ had better snatch up this action figure soon
Next Post: What They Teach In Class…