19 Useful Tips For Packing And Moving That Will Make Your Life MUCH Easier
Moving is a huge hassle, but roughly 14% of the U.S. population moves every year. That’s 40 million people. Every year!
If you’ve ever moved, you know how big of a pain it is. Here are some tips on how to make it less stressful.
1. Pack a “first night” bag. This way you won’t actually have to unpack anything when you arrive in your new place.
2. Pack your moving truck extremely tight to prevent things from shuffling around. The last thing you want to see when you open the back is your valuables shattered on the ground.
3. Use wine cases to transport your glassware.
4. Label your boxes — it will save you a ton of headaches come moving day. Even better? Color-coordinate them according to room with bright masking tape.
5. Pack your moving truck wisely. Keep heavy items toward the front, long items (like mattresses and couches) on the sides, and everything else in between.
6. Have a floor plan in mind. It will save you time once you get everything in your new place.
7. Using heavy-duty plastic wrap or tape can help keep things like drawers in place.
8. It sounds obvious, but plenty of people wait — do all of your labeling before moving day. It’ll be stressful enough.
9. Put two sets of sheets on your mattress to keep it clean.
10. You can find free boxes at grocery stores and online.
11. Keep lightweight items in your dresser drawers while you move. They won’t add much weight and it’ll save you time when you finally unpack.
12. Put heavy items in rolling luggage. They’ll be much easier to roll than lift.
13. Keep important documents — your passport, will, identification card, etc. — with you at all times.
14. Keep all of your cords and cables together. Put them in sandwich bags and label each according to device.
15. Put hanging clothes in garbage bags. It’s really easy to scoop them up when they’re in heavy-duty bags.
16. If you have friends who are kind enough to help you move, make sure you have jobs specifically planned out for them. And reward them with drinks or dinner after!
17. Use pillows and towels to keep breakable and fragile items safe. Put them at the bottom and top of bags or suitcases.
18. Remember to defrost your fridge at least 24 hours before attempting to move it. If you don’t, it could get very ugly.
19. Above all…take it easy! Moving day can cause you to get frustrated, but remember that it’ll be over soon enough.
Next time you move, you won’t have to worry about it at all since you know these useful tips!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/packing-moving/